Prof. Alfredo Sánchez from Universidad de las Américas Puebla will visit our group for one week starting May 27, 2013. The visit is part of the activities of the FP7 S2EuNet project. We are looking forward to welcoming and collaborating with him.
We are pleased to announce the availability of our new mirror of the DASH dataset, part of an effort coordinated by the ITEC at Alpen-Adria Universität in Klagenfurt, Austria, to promote experimental activity related to the DASH standard on which we are actively investigating some research issues.
Many advanced classes given by staff in the Internet Media Group are about to start in this semester (March-June 2013). They are:
- Processing and Transmission of Multimedia Signals (in Italian: Elaborazione e Trasmissione di Informazioni Multimediali), given by Dr. Enrico Masala and Prof. Juan Carlos De Martin
- Digital Revolution (in Italian: Rivoluzione Digitale), given by Prof. Juan Carlos De Martin
- Internet Applications (in Italian: Applicazioni Internet), given by Dr. Antonio Servetti and Dr. Giovanni Malnati
Dr. Antonio Servetti will visit the Alpen-Adria Universität in Klagenfurt, Austria, on Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2013, to promote the collaboration of the Internet Media Group with Ing.Dr. Christian Timmerer and other collaborators in the same group on research activities related to audio/video communication.
The Internet Media Group is happy to announce that prof. Meo has been appointed as emeritus professor by the Italian Ministry of Education and Research. Congratulations!
The Internet Media Group will host the seminar “Object Tracking Based on Harmony Search” given by prof. Yanmei Yu on Thursday 22 November 2012, h. 11:00, in “meeting room 3″ (4th floor), at the Dip. Automatica e Informatica, Politecnico di Torino.The seminar is open to anyone interested in the topics.
The activity is within the context of the FP7 People/Irses S2EuNet Project “Security, Services, Networking and Performance of Next-Generation IP-Based Multimedia Wireless Networks”. ( http://s2eunet.org ) The project fosters research collaboration of Politecnico with extra-EU partner institutions by funding mobility of research students, post-doc and faculty. For more information contact Enrico or Antonio of the Internet Media Group.
The presentation will consist of two parts:
- Introduction to Image Information Institute, Sichuan University and brief overview of research activities
- “Object Tracking Based on Harmony Search”. Harmony Search(HS) is a population-based meta-heuristic optimization algorithm, inspired by music. HS has been successfully applied to various optimization problems in the computation and engineering fields. An object tracking based on 4 improved variations of HS will be talked in detail.
Yanmei Yu received her Master degree in communication and information system and Ph.D. degree in optics engineering (majored in image processing and pattern recognition) from Sichuan University, China, in 2000 and 2008, respectively. She is an associate professor in the College of Electronics and Information Engineering at Sichuan University. Her research interests include image processing and multimedia communication.
The Internet Media Group will present a demo at the Mecatronic Connection 2012 to be held in Torino at the congress center “Lingotto” on Nov 27-28, 2012. The demonstration will show robust low-delay wireless stereoscopic video communications from a small radiocontrolled toy vehicle to a desktop PC equipped with 3D shutter glasses. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to test the system. The activities have been developed within the FAROS project. A more detailed description is available here.
The Internet Media Group will present their research activities during the PhD class “Research topics in computer and control engineering” on Oct 25, 2012, 9:00-13:00 in room C at Politecnico di Torino. The class is open to all PhD students in the Control and Computer Engineering Department and to anybody interested in the topic.