Processing of Digital Audio
(Elaborazione dell’audio digitale)
Teachers: Dr. Antonio Servetti, Prof. Juan Carlos De Martin
- Sound as a signal. Main characteristics.
- Digital representation of sound and voice.
- Sound and voice analysis. Frequency domain techniques.
- Psychoacoustic fundamentals for audio processing.
- Digital coding of voice and audio. The MPEG compression standards. Multichannel audio.
- Audio synthesis. Sound models. Synthesis through physical models. 3D audio.
- Protocols for control and interaction with electronic musical devices/synthesizers.
Exam schedule (in Italian): click here